Saturday, January 28, 2012

Kale waffles

1 3/4 cup almond, hemp or coconut milk
3/4 cup egg substitute or 3 eggs
Kale leaves (I use about half a bunch but can be adjusted per your likeness)
1/4 cup coconut oil (or olive oil)
1 teasoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups whole wheat flour (I use buckwheat to be gluten free. I also blend flours too. Try quinoa flour or amaranth flour with buckwheat.)
2 teaspoons baking powder

I use vitamin but blender should work too.

1. Place milk, kale, egg, oil, vanilla & salt in vitamix and blend on 6 until mixed

2. Reduce speed to 4 and add flour, cinnamon & baking powder until mixed (I have to start and stop, scrape sides, start again...

3. Let batter sit 5-10 minutes before pouring in waffle iron (don't skip this step or waffles will deflate)

4. Top with coconut oil and maple syrup or sunflower butter, etc
blog comments powered by Disqus