Friday, January 1, 2010

Open letter day!

Dear tofutti,
I used to buy your "better than cream cheese" until I learned that it has 2 grams of trans fat per serving. Two years ago, when I quit buying it, it had nutritional facts on the
lid AND on the side. The facts on the lid said zero trans fats (which is the one I used to pay attention to). Then my mother read the
facts on the side which said two grams of trans fats. They can't both be true. My cholesterol is really high due to genetics, and I quit buying it. In the grocery store, your product still said it has trans fat, but on your website it says zero. I'd like to know if the product in the store is right in saying it has 2 grams of trans fat, or if your website is correct. Again, they can't BOTH be true. I'd like to know why tofutti would put trans fats into their product in the first place, knowing how terrible it is for the human body.

Lastly, I purchased the "no butterfat better than cream cheese", which says it has zero trans fats, and I need to know this is the truth. Understandably, I'm having problems trusting your labels. It is very important to me to know what I'm eating, as my uncle died of a heart attack, and my father had one, as well. I lost a daughter due to a heart defect. I feel I deserve to know what ACTUALLY is in your product. I hope someone can give me a straight and honest answer, as it's pretty appalling that the customers of your product (which is what/who keeps you in business) feel we are being lied to. I'd like to know it's being rectified.

Thank you,
Stephanie Urban

0 comments:

Post a Comment