Sunday, December 13, 2009

Excellent lesson

I was really upset after a bout with our neighbors regarding smoking in the hallway this morning. She had me fuming because after asking her dozens of times not to smoke in the common area because of the fact that it blocks ability to get pregnant and causes miscarriage and birth defects if you are pregnant, she responded with "karma's a bitch n maybe u should eat some meat n ur kid won't have heart problems". It took everything in my power not to walk downstairs and rip her head off. And I got this from my girlfriend right afterwards (in regards to the situation) and it helped a lot. So, I thought I'd share.

"People are often unreasonable, irrational, and self-centered. Forgive them anyway.
If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives. Be kind anyway.
If you are successful, you will win some unfaithful friends and some genuine enemies. Succeed anyway.
If you are honest and sincere people may deceive you. Be honest and sincere anyway.
What you spend years creating, others could destroy overnight. Create anyway.
If you find serenity and happiness, some may be jealous. Be happy anyway.
The good you do today, will often be forgotten. Do good anyway.
Give the best you have, and it will never be enough. Give your best anyway.
In the final analysis, it is between you and God. It was never between you and them anyway.

--MT "

And as my Aunt told me, if you look in the mirror and are 100% happy with the girl looking back at you and know that your decisions were the right ones for you, then that's all you need to worry about. She said it so much more eloquently, but you get the drift.

Peace to you!

0 comments:

Post a Comment