|Swimming on the bed.|
HOLY MOLY time flies! Finn is 3 months old, and I feel like I have a toddler already. I'm sure those with toddlers are saying, "you just wait, woman." But he is SO BIG. He weighs almost 13 lbs and is like 8 feet tall now. ;) I am so amazed each day by how much he learns. He literally wakes up every day with a new talent. I swear he learns them in his dreams. Sometimes he wakes up and looks different. Overnight! That's just crazy to me.
Things have been smoothing out a bit around the Urban household. We're establishing a routine now that is being led by Finn. We have bedtime at night in a good routine and the morning nap all set. The only thing left to work out is getting him to go down for his afternoon nap at the same time each day. I figure that will come with time. He's still not sleeping through the night, and I don't expect him to until he's on solids. I get up with him about 4 times each night for feeding and changes.
So far, we're still doing great with nursing (knock on wood cuz there were some rough times I didn't think we'd get through.) Finn is breastfed full-time right now as to avoid nipple confusion, which he was starting to get when we giving him pumped milk in bottles at night. I would say it was confusion though. It was more like "screw you, mom. I want the fast method, and I know you are going to give it to me if I freak out on your boob and scream for an hour." It took one day of only putting him to the breast, and he was back to normal. I was so proud of him. He's an amazing learner (and relearner!).
And to all those nay sayers that said we would give up cloth diapering in two weeks, I say "I told you so!". We've been 100% cloth 100% of the time, and I find it extremely easy to manage. I'm quite proud of our diaper stash. He's just now pretty much grown out of his newborn Kissaluv diapers and we're moving on to our stage 2 and beyond stash of BumGenius, Fuzzibunz and GroVias. So far, the GroVias (which I had high hopes for because they are uber cute and a righteous idea) fall short of impressing me and the Fuzzibunz are winning. We do have 3 types of BumGenius, all of which I'm super happy with. All in all, I think we are set with diapers for life....all for around $450-500 total. Sweet!
Enough of that. Let's get to the fun stuff! Here's all the stuff (that I can think of right now) that Finn can now do.
1. He smiles and laughs like crazy! I gave him his first airplane ride and he laughed and giggled so hard he could barely catch his breath. It was so funny. When he wakes up and sees me, he smiles so big, which makes it a-okay for me to wake up 4 times a night for him. ;)
2. He kinda sits up on his own now. I video taped it yesterday, because it was the first time he sat up and played with a toy. He can't do it for a very long time, but will for a few minutes.
|Just the dudes being dudes.|
3. He talks. He loves to have a conversation. I talk, he talks, I talk again, he talks back. He's quite the conversationalist.
4. He digs his walker. Seriously, he's been in that thing for a month now, which is insane! He loves to play with the toys that are fixed on the tray. He has always been able to move the balls from one side of the arch to the other.
|Walker = fun times!|
5. He holds his own bottles. No joke.
|Holding his bottle|
6. He can pick up objects and loves to rub his crinkle blanket in his face. Anything soft he'll rub on his cheeks.
7. He loves to hug.
8. He's saying consonants as of yesterday. They are clear letter sounds instead of just unrecognizable babble.
9. He's doing great with strangers now. He went from not tolerating other people (other than me...not even Eric!) holding him to (since Thanksgiving) loving other people holding him. He even let Aunt Tina babysit him for Eric and my first night out. :)
|With the Troubadours of Divine Bliss. They came to see him when they were in town.|
10. He now acknowledges the cats and follows them with his eyes as they walk by. Up until this week, he never knew they were there.
That's all for this month. Stay tuned for more Finn updates (hopefully) each month. Although I might skip a month here and there like I did for month 2. What can I say.....it's crazy busy with a baby and there's always more fun things to do than put the baby down to type on the computer. ;)
Happy holidays from the Urbans!