Monday, June 28, 2010

updates


Well, it's been awhile since I've updated about Eric and I and baby Urban. I just finished this piece for someone, and it reminded me of our family. I can't believe we'll be a family of 4! Kaia might not be physically here, but she's definitely here!

It's summer, and we've been really working hard to prepare for our new addition. Baby Urban is growing very well. In my last post about us, we had to have a repeat anatomy ultrasound at 26 weeks to make sure the baby wasn't dropping off in size anymore. The little bean is supposedly 13 days behind, gestationally, which caused major alarms to go off for the doctors. But after a long fetal echo, the baby's heart looks healthy. The doctors wanted us back about a dozen more times before we gave birth to this one, so they could continue to monitor the growth. However, after the stress of two level 2 ultrasounds and a very long fetal echo (6 ultrasounds later), we decided to ride this pregnancy out on faith and leave it at that. We haven't had an ultrasound since week 26, and we will not be having any more. My belly measurements have been right on track, and keeping me stress-free will help baby to grow to be the correct size. I was under a HUGE amount of stress in my early pregnancy due to issues in our lives that I've since overcome, and the doctors think that could be a reason for the size. So, the less stress, the less ultrasounds, the less worry....the healthier the baby. And our main goal is to keep this baby healthy as can be, no matter what the cost!

So, with no further ultrasounds, I have no more pictures to share. I can say that my weight gain is right on track to where I was with Kaia. And with only 7 weeks to go, I'm definitely feeling ready. I feel like I was just here with Kaia, and it's so exciting and bittersweet to be going through it again. On one hand, I want Kaia to be here. But if she were here, this little one would not be. So, her life helped create this new life, and we celebrate every minute we have in this fabulous life we are given! I can't believe it's been almost a year since Kaia's passing, almost a year since our marriage....and this baby is almost here too. We feel so blessed to be given such love and joy in our lives.

It's been hot hot hot here. So, I've been couped up in my little studio with my little air conditioner, pumping out all the orders I have had. I think some pieces have come out so nicely. I just finished one that I'm so proud of. It's for a girlfriend of mine and her son. She wanted a piece to celebrate her son and whatever dreams he might have for his life. Here it is:
"A Dream For Liam"
16 x 20

2 comments:

  1. I am praying that the rest of your pregnancy is stress-free...or as close as you can get. I know all the tests are hard and bring their own stress. We did the same thing with Hope...decided enough testing and enough appointments and I told the doctor once a month was my limit until I got to 34 weeks. It seemed to add to my stress when they wanted me there ever week. I am keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. I can't wait to meet the new little Urban.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Paula! Give the babes a kiss for me. :)

    ReplyDelete